Forget-me-nots

„Wake up my lady!"




Someone shouted to her, but it was difficult to response with her mouth full of blood. She tried also to open her eyes, still nothing. She couldn't remember what happened to her. Every thought she tried to create disappeared as her senses made her feel the pain all over the body.



"My lady! Please be alright!"



New voice tired to get to her; she didn't know this one either. She could only feel the hands that took her into protective arms. Even though her sides hurt and her head was aching she was glad. I'm safe. I don't know whose these warm arms are, but they make me feel safe. It was the only thought she managed to have before passing out once again.







"Lord Ren, is Lady Kyoko alright now? Her state was serious and we feared the worst…"



Voices? Lord Ren? Lady Kyoko? Who are they referring to? Is it me and my savior? She finally woke up and the reality became incredibly unknown to her. She couldn't remember anything but she was sure she didn't live in a place like THIS before.



She was in a large room with the walls made from huge rocks. She laid on an enormous bed covered by some animal's skins. There was also the baldachin made from the same material. The dress she was having, looked like made from linen. It was a little rough, just like the surroundings. The furniture in the room was minimal. Opposite the bed was a huge table, on which there were silver plates, cups, jugs… It was all filled with food and probably drinks. Few chairs also (like table) made from the wood stood near it. Behind it there was a fireplace, which kept the room warm. Doors on the right side of the bed opened and a handsome man entered.



He was really tall with dark brown hair. He had deep brown eyes. She couldn't take her own eyes off his- now relieved expression. He stared at her a while longer and she couldn't help but to blush. His gaze was piercing. That made her looses the eye contact and sees his well built self. He had wide shoulders and firm thorax. Her heart started to beat harder.



"Kyoko! I'm glad you are awaken! I was worried about you!"



"Who are you?"



She still couldn't remember anything, so even if she liked the stranger she couldn't trust him… for now. Her words however made him feel sad, his face became instantly shocked. Somehow he felt hurt? But why?



"Kyoko… You don't remember me?"



"My name is Kyoko?"



"You don't remember that also? God! How all of this could happen?"



His voice became desperate. She didn't know why but it also made her sad seeing him so lost. He sat on the bed and his torso bent to his legs. He hid his face into his hands. It looked like if he was about to cry and she acted instinctively. She hugged him and whispered not exactly sure herself:



"It… it's going to be ok… Don't … worry… Please… am… what is your name?"



When he shut his eyes with hers again, she shivered, feeling the sadness inside. Her question definitely hurt him.



"My name is Ren… Well… no… Actually it is Kuon."



"Corn?"



His lips turned up, like if he was smiling… It didn't however reached his eyes.



"You can call me Corn if you like."



Kyoko let him go and took some space between them. Somehow his gaze and voice made her legs feel weak and she could sense the butterflies in her stomach. Was I in love with him before I lose my memory? She blushed even more. He got up and went to sit on one of the chairs near the table.



"I bet you are hungry. Come, eat… You must regain your strength…"



Kyoko tried to got up but her legs failed. She was still exhausted and that probably was because of the accident she went through. The one she had before getting here and the reason why now she couldn't remember anything now too. Her savior seeing her pale cheeks quickly got up and took her into his arms. Kyoko blushed at the feeling. It was his arms that took me here. He is the one, I remember just after the accident. His warm embrace…



Kuon placed Kyoko in the chair next to his. His movements were delicate and she could feel his concern. The warm feeling inside of her that was now building made her cheeks again red. Who is he to me? Why is he taking care of me that way? Many questions came into her head, but she didn't vocalize them because of the growling of her own stomach at the smell of the food placed before her. For the first time that evening he smiled truly at her. She wasn't sure if it was because of the shame of making such noises or his dazzling smile that made her tomato red. She lowered her eyes.



"Eat. You ARE hungry! Or maybe you want ME to feed you?"



Kyoko's head shot up instantly. His eyes changed and now she saw a playful grin on his lips. How can he tease a girl like that! In addiction a not married one! Then it hit her. She had no idea who SHE was! Not to mention WHERE she was…!



"So you really want me to feed you…"



"No!"



"Oh?"



"I can feed on my own, but… Please could you tell me…?"



"Later. Eat first. I must go, talk with the landlords. When you finish your meal please try get some more rest. I will be near. When you wake up, I will definitely try to answer all your questions, ok?"



Kyoko nodded unsure but when he left the room she did as he pleaded.



When she woke up later and she blushed yet again. There were forget-me-nots in the vase on the table.